BEAUNE 2018 Rouge Magnum
The A.O.C. Beaune rouge is a village appellation which produces an average of 3,500 hl of wine over less than 100 ha.
The Beaune reds are pleasant, charming, supple wines, more or less tannic depending on the terroir and the vintages. The dominant aromas are reminiscent of red berries and morello cherry; the robe is dense and deep with a brilliant ruby. These wines, of average aging, reach their peak after 4 to 10 years of good conservation.
The Lycée Viticole de Beaune produces this wine from four plots:
* Les Monsnières: this enclosed area of 1 ha 96 at the top of the “Mountain” at 334 m above sea level, planted in 1968, owned since 1984, benefits by its slope of 3 to 6% from a beautiful south-south exposure -East.
* Les Chilènes: emphyteutic lease with the city of Beaune. Large plot of 1 ha 20 at the bottom of the hill, planted since 1980 to study the behavior of 10 clones of Pinot noir with different pruning systems. Plot in conversion to organic viticulture.
* Les Prévoles: farm from 36 to 81 ca, this vineyard, planted in 1983, was drained in 1989 to ensure good quality of the grapes.
* Clos Saint Philibert, on the very premises of the Lycée viticole, is cultivated in Organic Agriculture.
The soils of these vines are shallow clay-limestone or deep calcium.
The vinification is done with a fairly short maceration of about 10 days and the pegs are moderate so as not to harden the product excessively. The wine is aged partially in oak barrels from 2 to 7 wines to keep the wine as fresh as possible. The aging period is 8 to 10 months depending on the vintage.
Ideal on grilled beef.
- 1.5 L
- à boire dans les 8 ans
- Charnu et généreux, le nez pinote avec des petits fruits rouges bien mûrs
- Cépage :
- Pinot Noir
- Gamme :